09 Aug We’re Hiring- Accounts Assistant
We have a fantastic opportunity for a new recruit to join our team as an Accounts Assistant, based in our Newry office. The Assistant Accountant will report to both the Managing Director and the Company Accountant.
Although full training, direction and support will be provided by the Company Accountant; it is vitally important that any individuals applying have a strong understanding of accounting practice in order to work effectively.
The individual will take responsibility for the day to day accounts, ensuring that all transactions are monitored and accurately recorded. The role will cover the accounts function for two limited companies.
Strong organisational skills and a high attention to detail are an absolute necessity for this position.
Key duties will include:
- Processing of Sales invoices.
- Processing of Purchase invoices – to include liaison with Suppliers, cost cutting etc.
- Assisting with the management of the company’s cash and bank including;
- Processing bank transactions
- Reconciling Company banks
- Managing incoming payments & petty cash
- Managing the Debtors and performing all Credit Control including;
- Sending late payment correspondence
- Calling overdue customers
- Processing and reconciling of Credit Cards
- Processing all employee expenses
- Assisting with the processing of the Quarterly VAT Returns
- Assisting with the maintenance of the company’s general ledger
- Implementing sound accounting procedures
- All other day-to-day accounts duties
This is a varied role that requires a confident and adaptable individual who enjoys the challenge of working in a hands-on environment.
Required skills and experience:
- Excellent organisational skills and a high attention to detail.
- Ability to work on your own initiative.
- Solid accounts experience is essential, at least 3 years’ experience (Ideally within a busy office environment.)
- A thorough understanding of double-entry book-keeping.
- IT literate with strong Microsoft Excel skills. Experience of Xero Accounting Software would be desirable, though not essential.
- Credit control experience essential
- IATI or similar qualified, or part-qualified will be considered
The job is initially a 1-year full-time contract position but may be extended based on performance and continued company growth.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Please submit your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 31st August 2018.