05 Jul ‘Workplace Wellbeing’ Winner avails of Health Matters at Work Initiative
Congratulations to Recon Waste Management who recently won the ‘Workplace Wellbeing’ Award at the Irish News Workplace and Employment Awards 2019. This award recognises Recon and their efforts in promoting and encouraging a healthy work-life balance, and health and wellbeing practices that get results.
We are proud to have assisted Recon over the past year in implementing and promoting their health and wellbeing strategy. Recon engaged with Health Matters through the ‘Health Matters at Work Initiative’.
Health Matters provided Recon Waste Management with:
- A workplace Health and Wellbeing Survey to all staff members covering topics including mental health, nutrition, physical activity, sleep, health screening, Health and Safety and much more!
- Statistical analysis of survey results to allow Recon to benchmark their workplace health and wellbeing data against national averages.
- Health Champion training for staff to implement and lead the workplace strategy
- Assistance with the development and implementation of an action plan, alongside a health and wellbeing calendar of events
- Delivery of 2 educational seminars, one on ‘Healthier Hearts’ and one on ‘Cancer Awareness’
- MOT Health Checks for each employee, allowing each staff member have their blood pressure, cholesterol, body composition, diabetes risk, cardiac risk, checked and skin cancer risk assessed using our facial skin scanner. This proved extremely beneficial with several employees obtaining follow up appointments with their GP, which would not have occurred otherwise.
- Follow up MOT Health Checks for benchmarking against first round of MOT Health Checks
“The Health Matters at Work Initiative was exactly what the workplace needed to kick start the health programme here in Recon Waste Management. The training, support, health seminars and health check-ups were exactly what we needed to help employees recognise their own personal health problems and where the workplace could aid in helping to make small positive changes to support staff.”– Recon Waste Management
Alongside the winners, we also provided our services to many of the shortlisted companies in the Workplace Wellbeing category. These included:
- Ashton Community Trust
- RPS Ireland
- First Derivatives
- MJM Marine
- Dundonald Primary School
- Kukoon Rugs
We are thrilled that the services we provided have helped to improve the health and well-being of so many workplaces, and are proud to have worked with the award winners and all of those shortlisted too! A massive Congratulations to all!
To read more about the awards and view full list of categories and winners, click here.
Why not follow in the footsteps of Recon Waste Management and improve the health and wellness of your workplace today? Contact us now to find out how our Health Promotion team can help your workplace!