Moving and Handling of People
Delivery methods available: Blended Learning
50% Live Virtual Classroom
FAQs about Moving & Handling of People Training
What is moving and handling of people in health and social care?
What is moving and handling of people training?
What do the moving and handling of people courses cover?
This one-day course aims to provide individuals with the critical theory and practical skills to perform safer moving and handling of residents, patients, or clients. Included within the course content is the following:
- Relevant Legislation
- Employer and employee Duties
- Rudiments of spinal mechanics and causes of back pain
- Principles of efficient body movement and posture
- Introduction to risk assessment
- Principles of safer handling
- Controversial or unsafe manoeuvres
It also includes practical session using a hoist and a range of manual handling equipment. Standard techniques covered include:
- Sitting to standing transfers
- Walking with clients
- Falling and fallen client
- In and out of bed
- Lying to sitting
- Turning in bed
- Moving up the bed
- Hoist management