Mental Health Awareness for Line Managers
Face-to-face or Live Virtual Classroom
FAQs about Mental Health Awareness for Line Managers Training Courses
What is Mental Health Awareness for Line Managers training?
What is covered within training content?
The course content is structured as follows:
- Common mental health conditions
- Practical techniques to apply or share, to promote positive mental health & wellbeing
- Practical tips to look after the mental wellbeing of staff you manage
- Steps and good practice for a helping conversation
- Legislative responsibilities in relation to mental health and work
- Where to direct staff for access to support
How long does the course take?
This short three-hour course intends to provide busy managers with a fast-track insight into how they can best support and improve the mental health and wellbeing of those they owe a duty of care. The training is typically delivered in a morning or afternoon session during the working week.
Who needs it?
The training is ideal for anyone responsible for managing and supporting staff. It is popular among proactive and supportive employers that strive to create a workplace environment that promotes and values its employees' mental wellbeing.
Why is Mental Health Awareness for Line Managers important?
Businesses whose management promotes and supports positive mental health at work will help employees flourish in their roles, manage stress, and boost resilience. Ultimately, it facilitates the employees reaching their highest potential and the business. Businesses that ignore it risk employee disengagement, high employee turnover, safety liabilities, low productivity, and decreased profits.