As well as the 1-day CSR Health and Safety course, Health Matters also provide the 4-day Site Safety Supervisor training course.
This course is aimed at those who manage sites or have a large responsibility for site safety. Candidates must have 5 years’ experience as a Construction Supervisor or have an NVQ Level 3 in Construction Site Supervision to qualify for a gold card. Alternatively, those with no experience including both graduates and undergraduates in the construction industry can undergo this training. They will obtain a Trainee Supervisor’s card until they have the relevant experience in this role.
This training programme aims to:
- Improve the standard of safety awareness within the construction industry.
- Ensure that all Site Supervisors attend health and safety training and are occupationally assessed.
- Make participants more aware of the importance of contributing to a positive safety culture on site. This includes being aware of hazards, prevention of accidents and employer / employee responsibilities.
- Maintain a register of all personnel who have received training.
- Provide participants with a gold CSR card to indicate they have attended a formal course in health and safety training and successfully completed an assessment.
This course consists of 4 full days training followed by an occupational assessment and computer test. The Site Safety Supervisor card lasts for 4 years. You can renew your card by completing a 1-Day Site Safety Supervisor Update course. This must be completed within 6 months of the card’s expiry date.
Please contact us to find out more information about this training. Please click here for upcoming dates or to make a booking. CITB levy payers may be eligible to claim reimbursement from the CITB of up to 75% after attending this course.