We would like to thank all those who attended our recent ‘Maintaining Momentum’ Breakfast Morning and say a massive congratulations to all of the organisations who have worked hard over the past year to improve the health, safety and well-being of employees within their workplace through the Health Matters at Work Initiative.
The aim of the Breakfast morning was to recognise the success of each organisations effort over the past year and to provide guidance on how to continue to implement an effective health and wellbeing strategy going forward.
It was a great opportunity between the organisations to share top tips and hear some positive success stories in the workplace. All attendees were given a certificate of participation to display in their workplaces and a helpful resource pack to help ensure the sustainability of their health and wellbeing action plans.
Achievements to date
Now that year 2 of the Health Matters at Work initiative has been wrapped up and Year 3 is now beginning, it is a good opportunity to reflect on the success of the Health Matters at Work Programme to date. In total, the Health Matters at Work initiative has:
- Supported 140 Workplaces in committing to improve workplace health & wellbeing
- Trained 175 Health Champions, with many organisations investing and progressing into further health champion training
- Completed 136 needs assessments and action plans
- Assisted 78 organisations in completing and implementing health and wellbeing initiatives
- Assisted 3 organisations to succeed in winning Workplace Health & Wellbeing Awards- Two winners in the Irish News Workplace & Employment Awards 2018 and one in the Belfast Telegraph Business Awards 2018, with another 13 businesses shortlisted in these awards who availed of the Health Matters at Work Initiative!
Across both breakfast mornings that were held in our Newry and Belfast offices, we had a great turn out from the following companies:
- Smiley Monroe
- Andrew Ingredients
- DJ Maguire & Associates Ltd
- Food Standards Agency
- Special Olympics
- W& R Barnett
- Antrim Electrical & Mechanical Engineers Ltd
- Irish Football Association
- NI Medical & Dental Training Association
- SpecDrum Engineering
- Age NI
- Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council
- Graham Bam
- J. H. Turkington & Sons Ltd
- Armagh Rural Transport
- Newry Mourne & Down District Council
- Southern Area Hospice
- Adair Building Services Ltd
- Ulster GAA
- Nuline Utilities
We wish all of the companies who completed the Health Matters at Work initiative continued success for the future and hope they continue to maintain and develop their health and wellbeing strategies. Our Health Promotion team are looking forward to another busy year helping to improve the health and wellbeing of staff in our new organisations!