16 May Achieve an NVQ with Health Matters
We are thrilled to announce we are now an approved centre of NVQs
NVQs (National Vocational Qualifications) provide the perfect platform for candidates who already have skills and knowledge in a particular area and wish to obtain a qualification as recognition.
NVQs set out a framework of standards that a candidate must be able to meet to be deemed successful. These standards are statements of performance that describe what competent people in a particular occupation are expected to be able to do. To complete an NVQ, a candidate needs to prove that they can do, or have done, certain work-related tasks. It is therefore pertinent that the individual is involved in a role that would facilitate the production of evidence against a qualification.
Candidates are assessed in a combination of ways:
- By portfolio – you build up evidence of what you’ve done at work
- By observation – an assessor watches you work and checks that you can do the tasks
Benefits of an NVQ
The benefits of this qualification in relation to alternatives on the market is:
- No exams
- No assignments
- No classroom attendance
The qualification is gained exclusively through the submission of work related evidence. The assessor tests candidates’ knowledge, understanding and work-based performance to make sure they can demonstrate competence in the workplace.
Types of NVQ at Health Matters
Included within our NVQ qualification portfolio is:
- Level 6 NVQ Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety Practice – Leading to GradIOSH
- Level 4 NVQ Diploma in Construction Site Supervision – Facilitates the achievement of the Site Safety Supervisors Gold Card
- Level 2/3 NVQ Diploma in Plastering – Fasttrack Experienced Worker Route
- Level 2/3 NVQ Certificate Wall and Floor Tiling – Fasttrack Experienced Worker Route
- Level 2/3 NVQ Diploma in Wood Occupations (Carpentry / Joinery) – Fasttrack Experienced Worker Route
- Level 2/3 NVQ Diploma in Trowel Occupations (Bricklaying) – Fasttrack Experienced Worker Route
How long does it take to achieve an NVQ?
The duration of an NVQ is entirely in your own hands and can vary depending on the candidate – both their experience and how well they apply themselves to obtaining the qualification. Typically to complete a level 2/3 NVQ it can take 2-6 months, 4-6 months for level 4 NVQ and 10-18 months for Level 6 NVQ.
If you would like to achieve a qualification as recognition of your work and would like to learn more about completing an NVQ with us, please click here.